Saturday 2 August 2014

Different ways to promote your writing / books.

Welcome to August 2014 blog,

I have been busy working on how to promote my writing and I WILL be sharing this with you today, so get those pens out and get ready to open another page on your computer / Ipad or what ever device you are using.

(You may need to cut and paste the links)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZGicxspGY4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E69aegUf3I

Above is two links I made with very little knowledge on how to do, this cost me time only, you can spend money if you are going to keep making videos to promote your books on line.

They are called 'white boards'  you can join many for free for a limited time then when you are happy with what you have done you can upload them to 'youtube' like I have or place the link on your website, twitter or other social media.

I think it is safe to say that most if not all know about doing your own website, I will not go down that road accept to say if you use blogspot and other web sites you can do it for free, you will need to buy a domain name but that is all.

upon reading a writing magazine I subscribe to, I read about a lady that had rented a market stall and placed all her book out to sell them. I think it could work but I would not be happy my self standing there each day trying to sell my books. I think it could be a good way to sell your book but perhaps approach an established book / local crafts stalls and offer them a slice of your profits if you self publish.

During the year schools have bazaars and you could get a stall for the day normally during the weekend, a place to meet potential new customers and don't forget to have a 'free' book mark or give away so they can access your website and purchase a book or two on line. Nearly everyone will take a book mark but not everyone will come buy your book at the stall.

During the spring and summer months you will find that there are a lot of schools raising funds for their school, it's a one off fee for a few hours which you could sell a few book but you will with your free give away get a few more interested in a local author.

If you have a local magazine that has adverts you could put a one off or regular advert in the magazine and they are often placed in doctors and dentists, where lots of others could see your advert with of course your website in.

Not everything has to be done online, go back ten years or so and we didn't even have this sometimes wonderful thing they call the internet.

Yes there are lots of other ways to promote your books, these will hopefully help the mind think of less traditional ways to sell your books.

It's all about getting your books out there and promoting them in any way you can, the cheaper the better as there are always more expensive ways.

If you have other thoughts on this subject then please do message me.

Please look at past posts of this blog, until September 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment